1. Product was packed well and clean.
2. Instruction Manual needs work for English
3. Several points not covered
3A. Can you leave beans in the Bean hopper or do you have to measure them per use. I see it is recommended but still does not answer the question of auto measurement. Will it measure what I chose on strength and grind size for 4 cups and only use that amount and leave the unused beans in the Bean Hopper for next use.
3B. Can I put in 10 cups of water and only use the 4 cups that I have programed for the morning program, thus leaving the remainder of the water for the next days use?
4. There is conflicting information as to 10 or 12 cups. The machine says 12 cups all over it, on the carafe and on the water container it says 12 cups. The program goes out to 12 cups? That is confusing.
5. Though the machine is easy to use and figure out there should still be much clearer information included in the documentation.
6. I thought I was buying a German product but it is made in China. As long as you stand by it and it last for years I'll be happy.
7. I just brewed my first medium cup on medium grind and medium strength. It seems gauged pretty well. Although one of your advertisement or information pages online show the opposite for coarse vs fine coffee and the level of strength. from weak to strong. Coarse coffee is going to be weaker, milder and heavily ground coffee is going to be stronger. AN example is expresso. 7B. Also, strength control is at the very top of the programing screen and I could not see it until i bent down to look at the screen. Now that I know where it is I can see it but it is too high on the screen.
8. Wrap it up for now. It made a fine cup of coffee and it was easy to get cleaned and started. It is easy to program and easy to figure out without a manual. However not everyone is a gadgeteer. Not everyone has experience with other coffee makers tha grind and auto brew. I do. I recommend a better more refined and easy set of instructions come with the machine for the beginner.
9, I only hold off on the 5 star because of instructions and I have not yet gone through a few weeks of delicious coffee. I will update my review in a few weeks.