No Products in the Cart
Strawberry shortcake is one of the best desserts ever! And by using the air fryer, you can make—and enjoy— this summertime favorite quicker than baking!
244 CALORIES PER SERVING
MAKES 4 pieces
SERVING SIZE 1 piece
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
FRYER TEMP 300°F
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 TB. granulated sugar (plus 2 tsp.)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
3 TB. cold unsalted butter, diced
1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
Whipped cream (for serving)
1. Set the air fryer to 300°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Add the butter, then use clean hands or a pastry cutter to combine the ingredients and break the butter into small pieces.
4. Slowly pour in the buttermilk, combining with your hands until the dough comes together. (It will be sticky.)
5. Spray the air fryer baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, then pour the mixture into the pan, spreading and pressing it into an even layer.
6. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove the shortcake from the fryer and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then add the strawberries and 2 tablespoons of whipped cream on top before cutting and serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fiber 2g
This recipe is short on calories—more than 100 fewer than traditional shortcake.